Local Authorities who are active for the MDGs
Many cities and municipalities have been actively involved in different development issues for many years now: they have established partnerships with communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America, support local projects, participate in development networks or have added the MDGs to their political agenda. However, despite their willingness to implement development policy measures, there are also municipalities that lack the financial means and personnel resources to do so. These knowledge gaps can be filled by encouraging networking, cooperation and an exchange of experiences and best practices between local authorities.
- Creating added value through networking: the Bonn network for development
- Local Action in Oxford
- Climate Partnership Potsdam
- Education as the keytask for a sustainable future
- Villach: Organic food in Kindergartens
- Video from Romania: "Lessons from nature"